When using the placholder attribute in an input field with a dark background, why can't the blinking caret be white on focus?
Chrome and Safari both do this, making it clear to the user that they're in the field and ready to type. Currently the caret will take the color property but only once the user has started typing. This seems like it would be a worthwhile feature to bake into the next build of FF.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Version 126.96.36.19909
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0