unable to customize yahoo toolbar
I have the latest version of Firefox (18.0 I think?) as well as the Yahoo Toolbar add-on. I have not been able to edit the icons on the Yahoo Toolbar for a long time. When I click on the "setting" button, nothing happens, no drop down box appears. When I click on the "+" button, a new tab opens up that takes me to the yahoo toolbar editing page, however, everything is blank, nothing is displayed. No icons to choose from, and my existing icons are not shown either. I can't change the layout, add/remove, or do anything with it. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall both Firefox and Yahoo Toolbar, I've also tried to install these two on a computer that previously had no Firefox or Yahoo Toolbar. Nothing worked. I'm not sure if this is a Firefox or a Yahoo Toolbar problem, but it is sure annoying! Has anyone else experienced this? What's the fix if there is one? Thank you very much!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 220.127.116.1112
- Google Update
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- QQ QuickLogin Helper
- 腾讯视频 version:8.42.6280.0
- npQQPhotoDrawEx Module
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- alibaba setup one click
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I recently was upgraded to the Yahoo Toolbar Version: 3.0.6. I really hate the mini widgets (email, facebook, ect). When I used to click on mail, if went right to my mail, same thing with facebook. Since I got this new version, I get these stupid drop down boxes. I guess it is supposed to make things quicker and easier... well... I hate this feature! I have tried to contact yahoo, but I can't! It just shuffles me from help screen to help screen. I went over all the setting and can't figure this out. I even searched online. Wish I could back to the yahoo toolbar I had. Aghhhh!!!
Hi Raven23! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! It was very very annoying to me. I did NOT need it to think FOR me! Anyways, I don't remember what I did but now that function has disappeared/disabled. So play with it, and you might be lucky to get rid of it. I'm not going to update my toolbar unless I absolutely have to. Yahoo toolbar and firefox are just not a very happy couple so when it works, I tend to keep the version I have, hehe.