How to I block the unwanted Mozilla.org page that loads before my homepage. Using Firefox 18.0
When I open Firefox 18.0, instead of my homepage, I get an unwanted page from Mozill.org. Using Options/General tab/ I have show my homepage selected. I can get the URL fore my homepage entered in the Home page blank, but it will not hold. If I close FireFox and restart I still get the unwanted Mozilla.org page
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
- What is the page you are seeing ?
- what is the full URL
- and can you also take and attach a screenshot:
Have you checked the settings for your homepage. Are these altering after you have set them ?
Have you any security or backup software installed that is likely to lock or restore Firefox settings rather than allow you to make changed ?
Sorry for the delay. Attached are two ScreenPrints. ScreenPrint 1 is the page that loads when I open FireFox. ScreenPrint 2 shows the homepage that should be loading.
Both pages load, but on different tabs, with #1 loading ahead of # 2, when, in fact, #1 should not be loading at all.
I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials on a Widows 7 box
You may have a problem with the preferences.
That was it, and I'm the one that did it. My bad. Thanks very much.