Everytime I shut down or close a Mozilla window I get a message asking to send an error report. why is it doing this?
I have to send an error report every time I close a Mozilla window or shut down Mozilla. then I have to restart Mozilla to get back to the page I was on.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
Thanks in advance for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
- Avoid crashes - Tips and tricks
- and Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes
The crash reporter will look something similar to this
I am assuming what you see is the crash reporter, if so you should submit crash reports, and then paste a couple of recent crash ID s into a message.
The linked articles at the top of the message explain the procedure in detail. You type about:crashes into the address bar to get the crash ID s
Do you have any Norton products installed?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
bp-39c73f9d-1294-4819-9535-35a782130117 bp-450eeb85-aedd-4d67-85ff-2d0d92130117 bp-6ed385c3-fbdc-4434-ba24-872b62130115 bp-f118c458-1314-40ce-9ce2-a006f2130115 bp-a74cfa90-83e5-4ddf-9a19-5e86f2130115
Yes I have Norton 360 installed
Every one of the crash reports show the same signature,
Firefox 18.0 Crash Report [@ coffplgn.dll@0x3714 ]
... and refer to the same bugs:
830107 VERIFIED DUPLICATE On the 11 Jan 2013 an automatic FF upgrade to V.18 took place on my computer 783369 NEW --- Norton Confidential 2012/2013 crashes (couictlr.dll, coffplgn.dll)
From bug 830107: That should be an extension that you can disable in the addon-Manager (about:addons) ... Just to make it clear: The bug is in the Norton extension and they have to fix it on their side.
If you need more help disabling the Norton extension causing the crashes, see Disable or remove Add-ons
Modified by AliceWyman
The crashes you have are caused by Norton Confidential. We are waiting for Norton to be able to diagnose the issue and release a fix on their side. In the mean time, disable the add-ons, and consider full removing Norton