I have tried to open my email account on roadrunners home page and a message tells me that page is not available this happened a few days ago edit
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
I tried this Ihave no cookies and it still doesnt work, I have also tried withmicrosoft Chrome and internet explorer and still have the same problem. Other friends of mine have no problems on their computors, even trying with my laptop it is still the same problem. This is driving me nuts It also tells me at the bottom of the screen that I am connected to webmail road runner .com
This sounds like a problem on the Roadrunner server if it happens in other browsers aw well.
Did you try to contact Roadrunner and ask them about this issue?
it only happens on my computors not on other peoples, they have no problem getting to my emails
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- Kasperky Free Security Scan: http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked