FF 18.0 Won't even open after update from 17. Crashes in safe mode.
FF17 updated to 18.0 late last week. Running W7 x64. Since the update I cannot even open FF. Crashes upon opening and all I get is the crash report box. Won't even open in safe mode. Had to roll back to 17. This seems to be happening to nearly everyone at my company.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16812
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Roll back to 17.
Looks like they don't have a fix yet for us. Not sure about all versions. Our IT contacted websense support and they told us no.
______________________________ Web Endpoint not supported yet with Firefox 18 Websense Web Security Gateway Anywhere customers using Websense Web Endpoint software should note that Firefox 18 is not yet supported for Web endpoint or Data endpoint clients with TRITON version 7.7.3. This support is planned for the future; customers will be informed when it becomes available. ________________________________
I'm not sure why they are telling you they don't have a fix, http://fileshare.websense.com/default.asp?t=418478434532&p=1139 is available and has been for some time. If you download that file and install Firefox 19 does it work?
Might give it a try, but this link hasn't work for us (service tag was closed). However, IT may be hesitant to install this given that Websense keeps telling us there isn't a solution and there will be quite a few users impacted. If we can get our hands on a file I'll pass it along to IT.
Websense must be giving you wrong information, I've had dozens of users use that link to download the file, so the websense tech you talked to must not be in the loop.
that link is dead indeed though