Java update 14.01.2013 do not work together with Firefox18. Java is ok in Chrome and IE.
I downloaded a new version of Java to day (both 32 and 64 bite)
And it does not work with Firefox 18.
I have tried manuel instalation but no.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
oracle made an error in registring the java plugin for mozilla-based browsers in version 7u10 & 7u11... this will apparently just be fixed with its next release.
for a workaround see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java#Add_back_missing_registry_key