Do I need to diable Java Deployment Toolkit NPRuntime Script 6.0.260.3 plugin from 5/4/11
I rec'd patch for recent JAVA issue and it was automatically disabled in my plugins BUT I am still showing that I am running Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.260.3 NPRuntime Script from 5/4/11. Do I need to disable that too? (Until I hear back from you I have disabled it but I do not know the consequences it may cause one way or the other.) Please advise as to whether it should stay disabled or it is another JAVA that is not negatively impacted. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
If none of the websites you use require Java then we ask you to keep it disabled but if it is a must then you can enable it for normal use.
There is usually no need to enable the Java Deployment toolkit. You can enable the Java plugin when needed for specific, trusted, websites and leave it otherwise disabled.