Logfile - how to extend?
Hello :-) I work as a second line of IT support for ebanking system which uses SmartCard/PKCS technology. Recently we have received some call's about suspending Firefox when using our ebanking system on MacOS. To be honest it is hard for us to diagnose the source of problem at this stage of analisys so I figured out that I can scoop into Mozilla Error Console to see what's going on. The problem is that our Client is not able to pin-point exact moment when the problem occurs so I wanted to extend the logfile or/and extend the content of errors logged into console to approx. one month back - but i don't know how I can do that :-) Can you provide me with support?
Thanks in advance, Michał
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Welcome and thank you for posting on Mozilla Support. We value and appreciate you as a user. I would be glad to assist you with this.
What do your clients experience when on the ebanking site? Does Firefox crash, freeze?
Also just a heads up that your clients may want to have their plugins up to date. Plus they may want to check is any of their add-ons may be the cause.
Hope this helps!
Did you know that Mozilla Support is helped out by
volunteers? Be part of SUMO! http://mzl.la/OJtpch
Donate more than $30 and get a T-Shirt!
It freezes - it seems that our dedicated activeX plugin suspends. All plugins (including that one which I mentioned) is up-to-date, so is Java and Mozilla Versions. Are you able to tell me how to extend logfile? That would be really helpfull - I could just simply forward log from crash/freeze to our programmers.