Is there windows&Linux shell command to turn off Java plugin ?
I want to turn off Java plugin of firefox, and I have to do this for many computers. I want to know Is there windows&Linux shell commands to turn off Java plugin, so I can do this work automatically! thanks
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Not that I know of.
Note that Oracle has released a Java 7 Update 11 to address security vulnerabilities and you should update to that version.
You can find the latest Java version on the Oracle website, see Java Platform > Java SE 7U11 and Java 6U38 (Download JRE)
Modified by cor-el
Note that there is a Java 7 Update 12 pending to resolve installing issues with missing registry keys on Windows, so keep an eye on that.