Fire Fox 18 has problems correctly rendering web pages.
I am having problems with web pages not displaying correctly or being malformed since I installed Firefox 18. I have not changed any settings.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- DjVu browser plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Unity Player 3.5.1f2
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DYMO Label Framework Plugin
- Inquisit Mozilla Plugin 184.108.40.206
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
An example is: http://www.psychology.hku.hk/chenlab/study2013s03.html
It displays correctly in IE9, but Firefox displays:
Please reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with the left mouse key.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
I have had the same problem for the past few days. The problem goes away temporarily if I clear the cache but it always comes back quickly. I have started Firefox in safe mode and have done a Firefox reset. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and Flash thinking that maybe they were corrupting the page layout. Nothing has helped fixed this problem. Please see screenshots.
If you use extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) like Adblock Plus or NoScript or Flash Block that can block content then make sure that such extensions aren't blocking content.
I downgraded to v 18.0 and so far so good
I'm having the same problem. The New York Times page is a mess. So is Tagged. Other sites so far are fine. I did all the suggestions here. It didn't help.
This just started happening today. Version 23.
I have the exact same problem in safe mode so it's not extension related.
Hi JerryLerman, does a regular reload (Ctrl+r / Command+r) or a reload bypassing the cache (Ctrl+Shift+r / Command+Shift+r) cause Firefox to lay the page out correctly, at least once?
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I tried the bypass cache reload. I tried Safe Mode. NYTimes.com and tagged.com basically only loads the text, all scrunched to the left side. The links are there but none of the visual stuff. The screenshot above is what I see as well.
Hi JerryLerman, can you review the permissions page to see whether anything is blocked for nytimes or tagged, or other domains that might be relevant (e.g., CDNs feeding those sites)? In particular cookie and image permissions come to mind.
In a new tab, type or paste about:permissions into the address bar and press Enter.
I had this problem earlier this year and finally got it to go away.
I had two separate firefox profiles set up so they could be run concurrently. What was happening was that somehow both wound up using the same cache directory and thus corrupting the cache.
It is possible that your security software (firewall, anti-virus) blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.