My computer is trying to upgrade from 17.0.1 to 18 but doesn't get past 8.3MB have tried several times
I have been having various problems with the internet over the last few weeks, my daughter told me that her computer had just upgraded Firefox and mine should have done the same. when she took me through the steps we discovered that the update was only getting to 8.3MB of the 12MB in the update and then it just keeps at that - I tried a couple times last night and then again this morning leaving the computer running for well over an hour, but still it remained at 8.3MB. The internet is slow. I am having trouble with emails and video on some websites is not coming up - even on websites that I was using everyday only a week ago.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
It happen bcoz your internet connection lost.
Make use of Download manager to download, so if your internet connection is disconnected it won't stop instead it pause and resume when the internet gets connected.
Firefox Provides "Downthemall" Addons(Extension) for this.
Download Mozilla here
You can find the latest Firefox release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
- Firefox 18.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
It is possible that anti-virus software is corrupting downloaded files or is otherwise interfering with downloading files.
Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.