FireFox 18 does not work with youtube, web video
Youtube, Flash Videos do not work in Ver. 18.0.0 I have run FireFox with all add-on disabled installed new drivers for Flash player etc. The wife's laptop also has crashed with the new update as well .
Any suggestions? or is it a known/typical bug?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Pando Web Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.4.1 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Thank you for posting on Mozilla Support. We value and appreciate you as a user.
Please do a malware check on both computers.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Did you know that Mozilla Support is helped out by volunteers? Be part of SUMO! http://mzl.la/OJtpch
Donate more than $30 and get a T-Shirt! https://donate.mozilla.org/page/contribute/joinmozilla
Opt-out of HTML5 video on YouTube.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=775491 - HTML5 unresponsive script errors on YouTube
- (Please do not comment on bug reports)
Scanned for Mal ware- 0 found, Scanned for virus's -0 found. Once I reinstalled FF 18 all was good, The second you shut it down It reverts to the same problem.