Since version 18 update, printing using doPDF virtual printer crashes.
I use doPDF to print web pages as pdf. Since the update to firefox 18, when I try to print using doPDF, the dialog box hangs and has to be manually closed. I reinstalled firefox 17 and it works find.
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Fire IE DLL
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Logitech Device Detection
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
It's likely not fully or partially compatible with the latest version of FF, compatibility of add-ons is the responsibility of the developer of the extension or add-on being offered, to both support & ensure stability with not only FF but other applications compatibility as well. This would be best handled by contacting the developer directly.
Thanks, but it's not an addon. It's a virtual printer that "prints" to a pdf. Works with any windows pgm - looks just like a regular printer on the system.
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode?
Well, I went back to Firefox 17. I uninstalled and then reinstalled doPDF. Updated again to Firefox 18. Now it's working.
Glad that it seems to be working now, for whatever reason.
Thanks for your help.