all desk top icons are showining internet explorer
i don't know what i have done but all programs on my computer are trying to open in internet explorer. How can i undo this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Unity Player 3.4.2f3
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- The BT Broadband Support Tools is part of the BT's Getting Setup Portal,as it provides additional help wizards for your BT Total Broadband product.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hi annbrooks1. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I did some research and found some possible solution. Please let us know if this was helpful to you.
You can reset Firefox as the default browser by following these instructions.
I am afraid neither answer helped me because the first solution was too difficult for me and in the second answer, the firefox window does not appear. I have been trying things since I posted my question and have now managed to make all my icons to show Firefox! At least I can now open my email on that computer ( I am using my laptop to write this.) Thank you very much for your help. I do not know what I did! Ann