My PC crashed some days ago, after rebooting firefox was no longer working. It does start up, but doesn't allow me to do anything and after a few seconds it crashes and shows the error report, often this already happens the second I try to fire up firefox. I have tried rebooting my PC several times thinking this was the issue. After the problems continued I have uninstalled firefox, making sure no traces of firefox were left anywhere for old data to be around and it spiraling into the same error, I have tried installing an older version of firefox but it still crashes upon opening. It opens 2 tabs of which 1 will probably be the congratulations you have succesfully installed firefox and the other being the home page, however I can't confirm this as they don't load. The same goes for the TOR browser which works on a FF basis. I don't know what could fix the issue and hope for some answers that will solve the issue.
Cheers and thanks in advance.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Crash ID: bp-af5b6d76-ad8b-4943-a2c4-04b762130112
Crash ID: bp-d7f9cea3-960e-414d-afc7-051d62130112
Crash ID: bp-3ac3cc4a-2f1e-4cdb-9131-133bd2130112
Crash ID: bp-640ad394-8eb6-4821-baef-2712e2130112
Crash ID: bp-5ad40965-5858-483d-88f9-d0c0e2130112
hope it helps :)
It looks like you may me having an issue from what I could intially see with an add-on or extension which is causing the crash. Restart FF in safe mode to see if this fixes the issue
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
it seems like trusteer support plays a role in these crashes - you might also want to contact trusteer's support with those crash ids: https://www.trusteer.com/support/report-problem
That is a problem with Trusteer Rapport (RapportTanzan18.dll).
Try to update Trusteer Rapport and if that doesn't help then disable/stop the program for now.
- Start Menu > Programs > Trusteer Rapport > Stop Rapport
Edit: sorry I had missed the post by madperson.
stopping trusteer indeed fixed the problem. Thanks
Some users have reported that uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Trusteer Rapport has worked for them.
- March 21, the site will be in read only mode for 4 hours for a maintenance. If you are trying to ask a question and an article does not solve your issue, please find one of our partner sites for more help: @firefox, /r/firefox on reddit, and Mozillazine.org, we will have community standing by. Or live on our IRC channel - https://client02.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mozilla.org channel #sumo