why is there a new tab on startup about firefox android...and i cant stop it from showing up
i have a extra tab coming up on start up of firefox...it is a ad.for firefox android....how do i get rid of this....it keeps coming up every time
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- VDownloader browser plug-in
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Thank you for posting on Mozilla Support. We value and appreciate you as a user.
You must have something installed causing it to pop up everytime. Is this SweetIM?
I would also like to advise you to check your computer for malware; See below.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Did you know that Mozilla Support is helped out by volunteers? Be part of SUMO! http://mzl.la/OJtpch
Donate more than $30 and get a T-Shirt! https://donate.mozilla.org/page/contribute/joinmozillaSometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
Modified by Andrew
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.