Compatability with norton tool bar?
I would like to update but untill you are compatable with norton toolbar i can't
Additional System Details
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Motive Management Plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Office Live Update v1.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
The Norton Toolbar is compatible with Firefox 18. Please update Firefox, then update Norton. http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Firefox-18-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/886718
hello v2fish2, actually it works the other way round - 3rd-party-developers which want to hook into firefox have to make their addons compatible.
symantec has a pretty good track record in making their product compatible whenever there is a new version of firefox released, so they should already be compatible to firefox 18 (run symantec liveupdate to obtain their latest version): https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-18-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/886714
It is said to be best to update Norton first and then update Firefox for extension to work.
Modified by James
It says that Norton toolbar is incompatible with firefox 18.0.1
You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version. It will appear in the LiveUpdate history as Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox.
If you are running Firefox 18 and Norton Internet Security or Norton 360 18.104.22.168, and still do not see the Norton Toolbar, please check and ensure the Norton Toolbar plugin is enabled. You can do this by clicking on the Firefox menu, selecting Add-ons, and then clicking Enable next to Norton Toolbar.
Also said it can work best if you do Norton update first and then install the new major Firefox release.
Modified by James