AdBlock Plus is broken
Firefox 17.0.1 Ok But Adon Adblock Plus is broken and unable to add to this Firefox
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1990
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Firefox 17.0.1 Ok
But Addon Adblock Plus is broken
and unable to add to this Firefox
Please what is the problem?
Something to do with Java?
All my addons have vanished!
this sounds like the files in your profile folder that store the information about your extensions might have become corrupted. please go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information > profile - show folder... then windows explorer should open up your profile folder. in there look for the files named extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite, extensions.sqlite-journal (and in some cases also extensions.txt, extensions.rdf). delete or rename those files and quit firefox, they will be regenerated the next time you launch firefox.
also see Corrupt extension files