If I reset Firefox due to opening new windows when I use browser or logout of e-mail, will I lose my bookmarks?
When I logout of e-mail whether it is g-mail or yahoo, Firefox closing e-mail in a new window and not the current window. The current window looks like I have not logged out.
No, a reset won't lose your bookmarks, history, passwords, etc. Also, update to Firefox 18.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1688
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Picasa plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
The solution per your help is to reset Firefox. My question is: If I reset Firefox, will I lose my bookmarks. I have a lot of bookmarks and cannot afford to lose them. My problem in Firefox just started 1-10-2013. P.S. I am using Comcast internet connection.
No, a reset won't lose your bookmarks, history, passwords, etc. Also, update to Firefox 18.