Firefox opens up but will not open ANY links or websites
Basically fire fox will open to the homepage and that's it. If I type in the search bar or link/navigation bar and hit enter, nothing will happen. Clicking on a bookmark or a link from the history will not do anything. FIrefox simply will not respond. Using another browser gets working results, so my internet isn't the problem.
I went back to firefox 3 to get things working again. I Tried to re-install firefox 18 again and everything installs correctly but NOTHING works.
So any help would be appreciated.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Classic Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Netscape and Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Please update back to Firefox 18, then Reset. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings . Also, are you using a proxy?
alright that did it. It seemed one of my add ons no longer works.
I have the same problem with FF and Thunderbird. I can open FF if I use a link in a PDF or in Thunderbird (if Thunderbird starts), but it seems like random if FF will start or not. All other programs works. Restarting computer does not help (often).
I have this problem as well, so far I have reset firefox, updated, reset again, restored my computer to an earlier date, lost all my bookmarks, retrieved them thanks to a backup, reset again, and even saw somewhere to delete the places.sqlite files so I did and restarted firefox. Basically nothing has fixed firefox. I really need my firefox to work as it is used in a shop to order parts and stuff and all the usernames for various sites are saved in firefox, without which I have to call around to numerous parts stores to get my usernames and passwords reset so I can access the sites from chrome. I really dont want to as I like firefox. Any help at all?