Hello, Tomorrow i was trying to upgrade my firmware of my phone. So i installed one samsung app called "Samsung Kies" after installing that app my firefox suddenly got crashed.
I am a Mac user using OS X 10.8 and firefox 18.
And when i read article about crashing firefox, i found that making new profile will help me but sadly that also doesn't helped me. When i tried to open the profile manager it got crashed too. now every time when i open firefox it crashes after 2-5 seconds...
And this is my latest crash report... found in (lib/application support/firefox/crash report/submitted) Crash ID: bp-5dd48a7c-2622-4a28-aa0e-92de12130111
Help me please Thanks in advance.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Thank you for posting here on the Mozilla Support Forums! We appreciate you as a user of Firefox!
I would suggest a clean reinstall to resolve your issue.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Sorry but I forgot to tell you that i have already tried to uninstalled and again installed firefox... but that does helped me too. please give me any other solution please....
And As I Told you Am A mac user so please give me instructions for MAC OS X. Please.
Thank you for responding back. I apologize for providing you with the wrong information. Please read the following on how to do a clean reinstall on Mac OS X.
You will have to dump the profile information that sits in the "Username"/Libraries/Applications Support/Firefox folder
This could be a font problem.
You can do a check for corrupted and duplicate fonts and other font issues:
- http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/multipleappsquit.html - Font Book 2.0 Help: Checking for damaged fonts