Just installed 18.0 on XP Pro on Desktop, now cursor extremely slow, hangs for several seconds, then jumps unpredictably. AWFUL!!!
Firefox 18.0 hangs for several seconds, cursor moves unpredictably. Very difficult even to exit. How can I revert to version 17.xx ??
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You have a possibly corrupted user agent that identifies you as Firefox 3.0.8
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox Profile Folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again (make a note or bookmark them).
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.