how do I rid my firefox browser of the Mystart Incredibar hijacker?
when I start fire fox i get the My Start Incredibar browser instead..
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have deleted all references to this from programs list and used Norton trouble shoot to no avail.
It sounds like you have a Third-Party Toolbar that has taken over your Search Engine, Home Page, and/or the Default New Tab Page. Fortunately this can be remedied easily:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Select the toolbar you wish to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
After Firefox restarts, install the Search Reset Tool. This will remove the rest of the traces of this program from your Firefox.
For further information, please read Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
Does this help your question? Let us know!