Add-ons manager is slow
Opening the Add-ons manager windows freezes Firefox (started with v. 17) and takes 15-30 seconds to completely load and unfreeze.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- HP Pit Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- 3DVIA player(126.96.36.199). For more information, visit the 3DVIA player web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
How many add-ons do you have installed?
Seventy-seven enable and twenty-seven disabled. The number was not an issue prior to FF17.
Thanks for that information.
Some add-ons interfere with the Add-on Manager itself, causing it to open very slowly or not at all.
Can you please try opening Firefox in safe mode and then trying to open the Add-on Manager again? My bet is that the Add-on Manager will open quickly when you do this.
If the Add-on Manager does open quickly in safe mode, you might want to return to normal mode and then disable add-ons one-by-one until you find the culprit. If you have AutoPager or Tab Mix Plus, try those first, as they have been known to cause this problem in the past.
Thanks -- I'll give it a try and let you (and others) know the results.