Hi How can i change the default search engine used in firefox android? I would much prefer to use something other than google.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
- In the address bar, type about:config and hit enter
- In the Search Settings box, type keyword.URL and hit enter
- Click Modify
- Type one of the following, depending on what search engine you want to use.
- Yahoo: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=
- Bing: http://www.bing.com/search?q=
- DuckDuckGo: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=
- If you would rather use a different search engine, just let me know and I can give you the "code" for it.
- Hit OK.
That should be it. Firefox for Android should now be using the search engine you chose by default.
That's great! Thanks openjck, you're a star.