Apple feels that Firefox is implicated in my laptop losing my internet connection; I think they are crazy! Anyone else experienced something like this?
Had no trouble (in fact I am in LOVE) with Firefox until my ATT modem died. I switched to Charter cable and started having trouble with Firefox running for awhile and then losing connection to internet. After 5 visits to apple they are telling me it must be Firefox. I Say no. It's more likely to be Lion OS. Has anyone else experienced trouble with an apple laptop losing connections?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Changing routers didn't help. Rebooting modem may have helped.
This isn't likely to be an issue with Firefox (does your whole laptop lose connection, or just Firefox?). I would also check with your cable company, restart your cable modem, check any routers you have on the line, etc.