firefox cannot display browsing using history tab but does with sidebar--help
Suddenly firefox cannot display browsing using history tab but does with sidebar. V17.0.1. Suggestioins please?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- PDFlite Browser Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Lync Web App Plug-in
- Microsoft Lync Web App Version Checker
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
What do you mean with the History tab?
Is that the History Manager (Library) or the History menu in the Firefox menu button drop down list?
- History > Show All History
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder if there are problems with the history
Note that removing places.sqlite will remove all history items and there is no easy backup of history items possible apart from a copy and past of history items to a bookmarks folder.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Firefox menu drop down History. Seems reasonable that the issue has to do with the places.sqlite file. Some time recently the file was changed to places.sqlite.corrupt and another places sqlite was created. I have not idea how since it was not done manually. Must have been a recovery by Firefox. Since the sidebar points to the correct file, how do I get the drop down history to point to the correct file?