I have Firefox 17 & flashplayer ll.5. Firefox keeps giving me "not responding" . How do you fix this? I dowloaded flashplayer again.
I have Firefox 17 & Adobe Flashplayer 11.5. Firefox keeps giving me "not responding" constantly. And now, today, I couldn't load Farmville, or anything that required using the Flashplayer, it would immediately crash--so I downloaded it again. But Firefox continued to "not respond", and was moving extremely slow.
I'm considering "Resetting FireFox" but just not sure if I should. Can anyone help me with this. I'm so going out of my mind with this I'm about ready to just throw my computer in the trash! And oh, by the way, the computer is 1 yr old, a desk top, a Gateway, 64bt, I have Java Script on it, & McAfee Anti Virus--it's been running slow for a while now and driving me nuts, lol. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks. Kymbrly
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin