Upgrade will not work and I can't use my email because of it
For a few months now I get a message saying I need to upgrade my Mozilla browser. When I go to my email (live account through hotmail) it says I need to upgrade my browser. So I have tried several times to do this with no luck. It's getting pretty old having to look at email on a kindle or phone, I can look at it on IE but I have other user accounts so I have to log in and out all the time on there.
That fixed my problem, thank you very much!Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19912
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Happy Cloud Web Plugin
- Pando Web Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) FBSMTWB
I have downloaded the upgrade several times and did the install the standard way (click on it and run it.) Maybe there is some other way I need to do this, but I dont know what it is.
I thought about uninstalling firefox, but am afraid I will lose all my bookmarks, and my fiancee has some very important bookmarks that I do not want to lose by doing this.
Hello scwerl3, your user agent is corrupted by Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB) and that identifies you as Firefox/3.6.16
see your user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) FBSMTWB
you must reset user agent, see how to do that : Firefox is showing the wrong User Agent
see also : http://help.fastbrowsersearch.com/
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
That fixed my problem, thank you very much!
you are welcome