Hello, whenever I update my website, the formerly saved bookmark says Firefox can no longer find my site. How can I keep the bookmark working? Thanks very much.
A regular search on FF reveals the updated site, but I am concerned that it appears down/ no longer available to viewers who have the site bookmarked. My url is set up as follows : www.xxxx.com Thanks for any suggestions!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Logitech Harmony Browser Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Can you give the exact URL you have Bookmarked, and the Exact error message that appears? Does Clearing the Cache work? How to clear the Firefox cache
If links no longer are valid or otherwise change then it is possible that you need to create a new bookmark.
If you do not see changes when visiting a web page the you need to reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)