I installed FLV player and it put in an extra search tab, How do I get rid of it? there is no mention of it in extensions
I was able to reset home page to default but I cant get rid of the search here tab FLV player installed on tab line . what to do??
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- LEADTOOLS CMP Plugin DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
windows xp pro
Drag and drop the search bar into the pop up box.
whats a pop up box?
Its in the tab bar section
a separate window.
I tried that already. It doesnt drag like the toolbar stuff. Its like a default tab
also it wont drag sideways like regular tabs either
can you post a picture?
and also a list of your "about:support" page....typed in the url address bar.
should be a button to "copy to clipboard".
Modified by jddockery
heres a pic, i have to leave now . let me know what you come up with Thanks
the "search here" box is a problem with adware on your pc. remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc) in firefox > addons > extensions. also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and also different tool like the free version of malwarebytes.
Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
for the other issue mentioned see: Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix
I uninstalled a bunch of stuff it appears to be gone now ,,, thanks