FireFox window(not the screen) has turned red, since then it has been running very slow.
Just bought a new computer (non Mac), it has windows 8 with an intel i5, Fire fox browser is outlined in red, it was white for about 1 day then turned red. The since it has been outlined in red it either loads web pages very slow or doesn't load them at all. it is running so slow I had to do this from my old computer.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Options , advanced options, general tab, unclicked use hardware acceleration when available.
This can be an indication that some (security) software is running Firefox in a sandbox environment.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps to identify the cause.