I need help. My Firefox will not stop doing this even after i reinstalled. I will shut down firefox and when I open it back up it shows the previous website.
Please Help. This is starting to anger me. I Reinstalled and everything.
And right above that is a drop down that says "When Firefox Starts:" what does it say right next to it?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Pando Web Plugin
- Pokki Download Helper
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Vizzed Retro Game Room Plugin
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 22.214.171.12412
- Unity Player 3.4.0f5
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
I close it by the x. And it says session resotre is on tab. I can have ninety and they still restore ):
So you upgraded to 17.0.1?
And if you go into Options, and home page settings, does it say to show your windows and tabs from last time, or show your home page?
You should update your outdated Firefox 13.0.1 version to the current Firefox 17.0.1 release.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Do you mean that Firefox always opens the web pages that were open when you closed Firefox even if you set to open with the home page or a blank page?
Make sure that Firefox closes properly and that there isn't a hanging Firefox or plugin-container process left in the task manager.
- "Hang at exit": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
- "Firefox hangs when you quit it": https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Firefox+hangs
Use "Firefox/File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit") to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the title bar.
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox Profile Folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again (make a note or bookmark them).
Modified by cor-el
I dont see homepage settings.
Click the Orange Firefox button, then Options, then the General Tab. Right at the top is a home page settings section.
it says mozzilla firefox start page in greyed out text
And right above that is a drop down that says "When Firefox Starts:" what does it say right next to it?
OH Thank you! Cheers To You. I didnt change it like that I dont know what happened. Thank you (: