Why is Firefox v.3.6 preventing me from accessing a website which I have been able to access in the past?
This is an https website. The login page appears as per normal. I then have to enter my account number and pin number. I then click the continue button. The screen then clears and starts attempting to login to the website to access the next page of the security procedure. The down loading procedure reaches approximately half way and will not go any further. None of the next page of the security procedure appears on the screen.
I am not having this problem with either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Can you help me please?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
You need to update to Firefox 17.0.1, as Firefox 3.6 not only is HORRIBLY Insecure, but it has many hundreds of known bugs that have been fixed in later versions. Please update immediately then retest. Update Firefox to the latest version
My first thought is why are you using Firefox 3.6 that is unsupported and not secure. I would suggest that you upgrade to a current version of Firefox and see what happens then:
You may also need to clear the cookies in case it worked before.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.