Cannot get to a specific website MBNA.co.uk, blank screen, with v17. earlier versions OK
With the new version(17) I can not get access to the website of my credit card provider MBNA. The screen remains blank although the icon is circulating, no matter how long I wait. All other websites seem OK. The access under previous version was OK. The main website is www.mbna.co.uk but in trying to access my account on line I have not been able to get beyond the initial log on screen using my normal bookmark as this remained locked. Can you say why? How do I get round the problem? I have tried your help but no success. No error messages are displayed.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Please update to Firefox 17.0.1, then try resetting Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Thanks for your help - in the end I waited for V19 and installed it and that has worked so far!