Cannot enable "save passwords" how do I fix it?
I recently installed Firefox on a new computer and proceeded to customize it with bookmarks etc. I entered one password, which the browser has stored, but not the checkbox for "remember passwords" is not only unchecked, but it is faded out and cannot be re-checked. I've tried to solve the problem by disabling add-ons and opening it in a safe mode, and even re-installed the browser. All to no effect. What can I do next?
You're welcomeRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
Well that was easy! Thank you so much, it worked. And your help was FAST. Very much appreciated.