Yahoo installed a Yahoo tab in my Firefox toolbar that I DO NOT want there- how do I get rid of it for good?
Yahoo took over my Firefox- help!
About two weeks ago for some unknown reason Yahool basically took over my Firefox. All of a sudden it was my preferred search engine, Yahoo! TAB shows up in my toolbar (can't remove it) and in general it's been doing some goofy things. I swear I didn't give out any permission for this, but I hate it and it's driving me crazy (actually temp swithched back to Explorer). Tried uninstall and reinstall, but it's still there. Read somewhere that Yahoo hides it's files in hard to figure out places so it can't be deleted. Can anybody help me figure out how to get rid of Yahoo? (ESPECIALLY THE TOOLBAR TAB AT THE TOP) Many thanks!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see: