I have been a supporter of Firefox for over 10 years in the schools that I work in. Now you no longer support Mac OSX 10.5? Please create an update for this OS
Please create an update to firefox for MAC OS X 10.5.8...I have so many labs that still use this OS and with budget cuts they are not planning to update for the next few years. It cannot be that difficult.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can use TenFourFox, which is a third-party build of Firefox that works on Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5.
Mozilla already ended support for Leopard a month ago. The developers believe that the resources spent supporting the older operating system would be better used elsewhere. Realistically, one or more enthusiasts asking not to end support isn't going to change the fact the user base isn't large enough to make that kind of effort worthwhile.
TenFourFox only works on Mac with a PowerPC processor, so that won't help you with an Intel processor.
Only an update to Mac OS X 10.6 or later will make it possible to continue using current Firefox versions.
Latest Firefox for Mac OS X 10.5:
There is the 10.0.* esr builds alongside the 17.0 esr. However support for 10.0.* esr will end once Firefox 19.0 is released.
Modified by James