How to delete line-WILL YOU HELP IMPROVE MOZILLA FIREFOX BY SENDING INFORMATION ABOUT ETC.
The following line appears every time I open up a Firefox website and I want to get rid of it: "Will you help improve Mozilla Firefox by sending information about performance, hardware, usage and customization to Monzilla" When I answer YES I WANT TO HELP or NO, the line still keeps appearing when i open up another web page. Also, how do I stop the message "CHECKING COMPATABILITY OF ADD-ONS" when I open up a web page. Hoping you can assist-Thanking you Dick Hunt
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1244
- Intel WebAPI Updater - Installs and updates Intel WebAPIs
- Inte IPT Web API
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General: System Defaults: "Submit performance data"
First you need to update to Firefox 17.0.1, as the version you are running is out of date.
Then, follow cor-el's instructions above, and if that doesn't resolve the issue, please read How to fix preferences that won't save