can't change default search engine
I try to change the default search engine in the search bar (to Google) by following your instructions, including by deleting all the other available options, but every time I re-open Firefox, all the other search engines have re-appeared and the default engine is Yahoo, not Google.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Please try using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see: