my bookmarks are gone. help! accidentally imported from IE after an update to my computer. how do i get my firefox bookmarks back?
had an update to my computer this morning. when i opened firefox a pop up came up with the import bookmarks from internet explorer checked, i didnt notice that until i had hit ok. now all my firefox bookmarks are gone. how do i get them back? im on windows 7, latest version of firefox, current as of right now.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1999
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
You get the import wizard if the profiles.ini file that registers all Firefox profiles is missing.
You can check if there still is an older profile folder.