Tab title is changing to "connecting" after page has loaded
Yesterday, my tabs in firefox started to act a little bit odd. When (only when) tab has loaded few seconds pass and tab title changes to "Connecting...". Before title change to "Connecting...", tab title is as it should be - webpage title. And this is happening to all tabs. I have opened like 12 tabs all the time. Is someone familiar with this situation? I don't have tab renamizer installed. Thanks
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Default theme and safe mode, but problem still here :(
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
I think i've solved the problem with adBlock add-on. Had it before, but now i've add several filters subscriptions and there's no more "Connecting.." titles. Also, yieldmanager in firefox is blocked.
I encountered the same problem today. Restarted in safe mode and it disappeared. I then restarted normally, intending to kill add ons one by one, and the problem was gone!