gmail loads but does not respond, no listed mail is clickable either to open or to check in associated box
on my dell inspiron windows 7 laptop . At the moment I'm using firefox 10.0.2 and i believe that's the company's latest update. I don't recall which update began the problem but it was about a week ago when I can load gmail but everything else is corrupted starting with not being able to click open any mail or checking in any associated box and when moving to older emails getting a page with no additional emails if clicking does anything at all. I have absolutely no problems with windows explorer. The problem is definitely firefox as the complaints online seem to confirm. it's either directly mozilla's update code that is incompatible with gmails or in some combination with some other software on my computer even though again explorer has no such issue. what is your reasoning for constant updating anyway? it doesn't seem very clear that Mozilla has added much in the way of useful communication function and any stability rationale has seemed to backfire. But... back to the particular problem noted above
thank you Philip Shapiro
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19909
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Plug-in for Workspace utilities
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Plug-in for Workspace Webmail
- Picasa plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
The current Firefox release is Firefox 17.0.1
- Firefox 17.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 10 ESR: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.