computer will not update
I have updated my computer to the 17.0.1 several times and I keep getting the message that I STILL need to update. I am getting sick and tired of doing this and if It will not work then I will delete Firefox all together. After installing the new version I have also restarted my computer each time as well
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1680
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Hello nanyehi59, your user agent is corrupted by Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB) and that identifies you as Firefox/3.5.7
see your user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
you must reset user agent, see how to do that : Firefox is showing the wrong User Agent
see also : http://help.fastbrowsersearch.com/
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.