Firefox (17.0.1) no longer works with Adobe 10.1.4 and MAC OSX 10.7.5 Lion? Online disc. say Adobe 11.0 will not fix? Suggestions?
I can open pdf files in safari, however my office products work more effectively with Firefox. Currently the firefox browser shows a blank screen when I try to launch pdf file within my work program. So I would really like to be able to use firefox as the browser. Is there an update or fix that will work? Although I am currently on Adobe 10.1.4. after reading online discussions it suggests that 11.0 doesn't work either and so I hate to try another update. Everything was working fine with old Adobe version (which I don't know which one that would have been and not sure if and/how to get it back) until last Sunday when my husband decided to update my Adobe without my permission. Can anyone help?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- npmnqmp 07076003
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Update to Adobe 11 (it's more secure and better anyway, so you should update). Then try again.
You can disable the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) and use the external Adobe Reader application or Preview application instead.
- Firefox > Preferences > Applications > Adobe PDF document : Use Adobe Reader
PDF files may also be found under another entry like Portable document.