I want the Web Address Bar Back without the multitude of OTHER toolbars so that I can actually go to a webaddress rather than search the web.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If the menu bar is hidden then press the F10 key or hold down the Alt key to make the menu bar appear.
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- "View > Toolbars"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up