FF 17, Window 8 takes forever to load pages, locks up while loading, sometimes never complete pages
I have been using FF for close to a decade now, and have never had this problem. I just purchased a new laptop and am using the latest ver of 17, and windows 8. I have no problem loading FF, just takes forever to load pages, during the loading FF locks up, sometimes page never loads. The only way to close is with task mgr. Do not have this problem with IE, but hate to use. Can't even reach safe mode, because of lock up. Have deleted twice and reloaded! HELP!!!!!
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; CPNTDFJS)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Did not work, still having the same problem! Also, forgot to mention I am getting "Unresponsive Script" messages!
Modified by cervezaleo
Firefox not yet released 64bit version. Mozilla developers are working on that, so will provide the 64bit Version ASAP.