Why would Firefox v17.0.1 under Windows Vista sp2 open a window but close it in 30 seconds the first time it's run but runs fine after that?
When I run Firefox for the first time after rebooting my Vista laptop, it opens to my home page fine, but within about 30-60 seconds, it closes down. When I run Firefox again, it functions just fine. There is no warning or message window or any trace of why it just quits.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0