How to forward items other than emails.
Forwarding emails is ok, but how do I forward, for example, other items?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
What would be an example of something you want to forward?
Many sites have a "share" feature built-in that lets you email a link, or copy something to your social networking feeds, etc.
If the site doesn't have a built-in feature, some platforms offer you a universal button (e.g., the Pin It button from Pinterest) that you can store on your Bookmarks Toolbar to grab content from a page.
If you can be more specific, so can we. :-)
Here's an example. I get an email from a source that contains several news articles. Using Firefox, I open one of these articles, and would like to forward it to a friend using my Gmail address book. There is no "Forward" link that I can find.
I think the easiest way would be to forward the message you received and edit out the parts you do not want to forward.
When you're viewing an individual attachment, your options would depend on whether it's a web page, a PDF, an image, etc. I don't think there's a universal button for "attach what I'm viewing to a Gmail message." Unless someone created an add-on for that...